Bulldozers are extremely powerful and amazing to watch in action. They level ground for a new highway, clear out land and so much more. Nothing moves dirt like a bulldozer.
The weight of any bulldozer is going to vary due in part to its size.
Most all dozers will weigh between 8 to 180 plus tons (7,257 to 163,293 kg).
What is the most familiar bulldozer?
The most common bulldozer, the Caterpillar D-9, weighs around 49 tons (44,452 kg).
That’s about the weight of 6 African elephants!
The heavier bulldozers are used in many mining operations. Their enormous size is a sight to behold.
There’s not much this machine can’t do.
Weights Of Specific Bulldozers
- ACCO Super Bulldozer 366,000 pounds (166,014 kg)
- Komatsu D575A-3SD Bulldozer 336,400 pounds (152,600 kg)
- Komatsu D475A-5 – 238,960 pounds (108,390 kg)
- Caterpillar D11T Bulldozer – 235,453 pounds (106,799 kg)
- Caterpillar D11T CD Bulldozer – 229,800 pounds (104,235 kg)
- Fiat Allis FD-50 Bulldozer – 160,000 pounds (72,574 kg)
- Dressta TD-40E – 146,916 pounds (66,640 kg)
- Promtractor T-50.01Bulldozer – 137,000 pounds (62,142 kg)
~ Fun Fact ~
Bulldozers are not only used in construction and mining, but in the military as well. The Israel Defense Force uses a Caterpillar D9R, named Doobi, to demolish buildings and other structures. The body is armor plated so that it can withstand enemy fire.