As the little brother to the forklift, a pallet jack moves pallets of heavy materials around the warehouse.
But exactly how much does a pallet jack weigh?
On average, a manual pallet jack will weigh around 175 pounds (79 kg).
An electric pallet jack will weigh approximately 1,000 pounds (453 kg).
Weights will vary by model and manufacturer, but this is a good average.
Weights Of Various Pallet Jacks:
- Crown 24V Electric Pallet Jack PW3520-60 – 2,825 pounds (1,281 kg)
- Meilestone Heavy Duty Electric Pallet Truck – 1,850 pounds (839 kg)
- Vestil EPT-2547-30-SCL Electric Pallet Truck with Scale – 673 pounds (305 kg)
- GF40 Electric Pallet Jack – 600 pounds (272 kg)
- Borch GF30 Electric Pallet Jack Truck – 500 pounds (227 kg)
- Wesco 272667 Pallet Truck with Hand Brake – 206 pounds (93 kg)
- JET PTW-2748 6000 lb. Pallet Truck – 170 pounds (77 kg)
- Mighty Lift ML55C Heavy Duty Pallet Jack Truck – 165 pounds (75 kg)
- Crown PTH Heavy-Duty Pallet Jack – 159 pounds (72 kg)
- Vergo S5500L Industrial Heavy-Duty Pallet Jack Truck – 144 pounds (65 kg)
How Much Weight Can A Pallet Jack Lift?
A pallet jack’s lifting capacity is going to vary somewhat, depending on the make. It can also depend on whether it is an electric model or a standard manual pallet jack.
The lifting capacity for a manual pallet jack will be around 1,000-10,000 pounds (453-4,535 kg).
An electric pallet jack, or pallet truck, will lift weights up to around 6,000 pounds (2,721 kg).
Some pallet jack models are able to lift loads all the way up to 15,000 pounds (6,803 kg). That’s about the same weight as 3 large SUV’s.
~ Fun Fact ~
Forklifts and pallet jacks are NOT a major cause of warehouse accidents.
You would think a fast-moving forklift would create a lot of accidents.
But they account for only 1% of all warehouse accidents.